STEAR II (School Transformation Through Enriching Accountability and Resilience, phase two) aims to create a nationally-replicable model to improve every level of the education system in Uganda.
How we are making a difference
Working with 100 primary schools in Buliisa, Kikuube and Hoima districts, as well as policy makers and stakeholders at national level, we are undertaking:
- Finance management training for community members to monitor school spend of their government grant
- School management training for leaders
- Advocacy training for community members
- Sharing best practice from grassroots to ministry level
- Strengthening local government school support
These activities are designed to help school managers and community members enhance learning in their classrooms. Increased awareness surrounding education policies and rights, alongside advocacy training will enable leaders to demand the resources they need.
At a national level, there will be increased accountability leading to improved schools and children getting the very best education in their local area.